Saturday, June 9, 2012

Stretching Myself and Family Fun

I just accepted my new position as an Instructional Facilitator and got an email late yesterday that I would be at a K-2 school.  I am super excited about this, but way nervous!!!!  I have been in 3rd grade for the past 7 years and have NEVER taught kindergarten or first.  My student's last day was yesterday and my brain is already thinking about how to get ready for next year.  A teacher's job is never done!

 I am really going to need the help of my fellow bloggers who have advice of what books/resources are good for K-2.  I am already stalking many K-2 blogs to get ideas.  If you know of anything that could be helpful please leave me a comment.  I am going to start by reading the Reading and Writing Workshop by Lucy Calkins for all three grades.  That will keep me busy for a while!

Today was Day Out With Thomas at Tweetsie Railroad, a western theme park in the mountains of NC.  The girls love Thomas the tank engine and had the best time.  Check out some of the highlights below.

Thomas The Tank Engine AKA Star of the Show!!


Family Photo with Sir Topham Hat

First Time Riding without having someone hold her on!

They had just blown the train whistle

They couldn't get enough of the steering wheels in the airplanes

Loved the bell in the boats

Feeding the pygmy goats

What fun things did ya'll get into this weekend???  

2 comments:

  1. I would recommend "When Readers Struggle" by Fountas & Pinnell. This is a great book that gives you so many helpful strategies to help your students advance in reading. Good luck in your new position! :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new position! It sounds like a fun job! I am currently working on reading Reading with Meaning by Debbie Miller. It has a lot of reading comprehension strategies. My daughter would love to see Thomas. As soon as I'm done blogging, I'm googling Tweetsie Railroad. I live in Southern VA so I know it can't be too far away! Thanks for sharing...we were looking for ideas for this weekend!

    Haley
    Following Optimism in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete

Twins, Teaching and Tacos

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover