Monday, July 8, 2013

Packing is for the Owls

If you've been around for a while you know that I got my dream job at my old Elementary School teaching First Grade.  While that is awesome and I can't wait to start, the job of randomly throwing crap in boxes packing is seriously draining!  I worked for a few hours 2 weeks ago, but didn't get a whole lot done.  Today it was time to get serious.  I was super lucky that my friend, Karen, agreed to come help me.  She kept me motivated and we packed ALL MY STUFF!! I can't believe we finished it all in one day....with the twins there too!!

We loaded up the Hot Mom Van and dropped a load in my new classroom.  After that, the twins were super cranky and we all needed a nap.  I plan to hit it hard again tomorrow and hopefully get it all moved.

I am getting so excited about setting up a First Grade Classroom for the first time ever!  They.are.so.small.  I keep telling myself that!  Lakeshore Learning had a sale a few weeks ago and I scored some awesome new library bins.  Reading Workshop is NOT possible without a functionable (is that a word?) library.  I have been going through and deciding which books will be going in the classroom library.

With Chalkboard themes being the rage right now, I naturally went with that!


This set includes 66 different theme labels and a label for all 26 letters to allow you to organize by Guided Reading levels too.  Head over and pick up your copy at my TPT.

My new theme is going to be Owls and Chevron this year.  I am working on supply labels and a welcome pennant.  What other products would you like to see?

2 comments:

  1. I love the labels! They look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to decorate with owls and chevron this year too so I can't wait to see your products!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete

Twins, Teaching and Tacos

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover