Friday, April 11, 2014

Five for Friday



I am happy to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday post!

1.) This arrived for me in my school mailbox!  In my first years of teaching I was nicknamed "Super Teacher" for being the annoying teacher who made others look bad by being fantabulous  for always going over and above with my students in my classroom.  One of my team mates sent this to me and it made my week!!!!  Thanks Shannon for sending this sweet note and shirt over.


2.)  We went to the Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia, SC this week.  My Firsties LOVED it!!  We have been studying how animals communicate, so it was awesome to see STEM in action!  Spring has sprung and the animals got the message loud and clear!!    When we walked up on these tortoises one of my innocent sweeties said, "Mrs. Haywood, that big turtle is on top of the the small one!"  My response: LET'S MOVE ON! 

3) April means its time for the annual Egg Hunt!  The girls seem to really understand the concept this year.  It was tricky when they threw in, they could only find 8 eggs.  Telling a 3 year old they can't pick up every egg they see is VERY difficult!!!!


4) The Kindergartners and First Graders are putting on a mini Broadway Musical of A Year with Frog and Toad.  It.Is.Adorable.  We were asked to choose the lucky kiddos who would play Frog and Toad, and hot dog, they are both from my room!!  Watch out Hollywood, these guys are coming for you!


The Birds, Bees and Pond Creatures

 5) My Firstie Friend, Faith, is having an awesome giveaway over at her blog 1st Grade Fantabulous.  She is offering a DVD bundle from The Learning Station.  Head over there and enter to win!  http://1stgradefantabulous.blogspot.com/2014/04/the-learning-station-giveaway.html


That's my week in a nutshell!  One more till Spring Break!  I think I can, I think I can!  Head over and link up!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Elisabeth~ Long time no see! I am trying to rejoin Blogworld so I hopped over to see a few blogging friends and say hi! Your girls are precious. BTW...we went to Riverbanks this week too! How awesome would it have been to run into you there. Have a great week!
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been so neat to run into you Brandee!!! We need another meet up!

      Delete
  2. Riverbanks Zoo is awesome! You've got to love those teachable moments that pop up...LOL!

    Your daughters are adorable!

    http://www.thehipteacher.blogspot.com/

    TheHipTeacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is awesome!! So much that I bought a season pass! Thanks for your sweet comments about my girls!

      Delete

Twins, Teaching and Tacos

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover