Friday, December 23, 2011

Questions about Questioning

If you read my blog, you know that I have recently given up our reading anthology for instruction that is more inline with the common core.  As I am out on break over the holidays I am working (or supposed to be) on our shared reading plans.  I have planned for us to study questioning when we return.  I have always taught the comprehension strategies in the past as part of my reading workshop minilesson, but now I am rethinking how to teach it.  When I first started doing Reading Workshop about 5 years ago I found Beth Newingham's site and have been stalking her ever since!  I love the lesson she has about questioning and plan on using it.
These are courtesy of Beth Newingham's Website 



What do you do when teaching this strategy?  I need fresh new ideas to engage my students like never before!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twins, Teaching and Tacos

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover