Friday, February 24, 2012

Who Knew?!?!??!?!

So as I was catching up on my blog reading and came across an interesting post about pinning on Pinterest.  Laura Candler had a post up about needed permission to pin things from other's blogs and websites.  I am so guilty of doing this and didn't even realize I was doing something wrong!  The gist of the terms are basically that when you create a new pin from a site, you are telling Pinterest that you own the rights to that picture and give them permission to use the pic in any way they want!!!  I was totally shocked and immediately added the permission granted button to my blog.   Add this to your blog giving permission to pin from your blog.
We began our soil unit last week and today was compost day which means worms!!!  My students always love making the compost bin and seeing how it changes over the weeks.  After adding our garden soil and plant matter it was time to break out the worms!  At first my girls were a bit standoffish about touching the worms, but after they got out on the table, they got into them as much if not more than the boys!  I loved watching the worms wiggle in my kids' hands.  One student kept saying over and over again, "Its dancing in my hand!"
My kids getting into their worms! 
If you haven't picked up your copy of my soil plan, pick it up at my TpT store.  

We also set sail on the illustrious Titanic this week!!!!  I will post about it later :) 

I was so excited about the weekend, that I picked my girls up and we went to the park.  Here is a pic of the two of them on the slide.

 Happy Weekend!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Listen, we were going to make our compost today. We even collected our green stuff...eww. I go to get the worms out of the fridge. Are they there? Nope! I am soooo sad!

    Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you serious!!!!! What happened to them? Some of mine had bit the dust, but hopefully the others will do their job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read about Pinterest on her blog and I was complete shocked as well! I immediately put the red sign on my blog! I hope you have a Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need your e-mail address for the NC blog get together :)

    Randi @ Teach It With Class
    teachitwithclass@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,
    Oh my gosh I love your blog title. I just found you and am your newest follower. I teach first and also write about motherhood too. Come on by and visit me and tell me what you think sometime. Darling girls you have BTW. :o) Mommyhood is great isn't it?
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete

Twins, Teaching and Tacos

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover